And when the New Moon had come, the king sat down to eat the feast. 23:29 Samuel died; and the Israelites gathered together and # 1 Sam. 10 Then Samuel took a flask of oil and poured it on his head, and kissed him and said: “Is it not because the Lord has anointed you commander over His [] inheritance? Bible > NKJV > 1 Samuel 15 1 Samuel 15 New King James Version: Par Saul Spares King Agag. To manage your subscription, visit your Bible Gateway account settings. 19 And when you have stayed three days, go down quickly and come to the place where you hid on the day of the deed; and remain by the stone Ezel. What has he done?” 33 Then Saul cast a spear at him to [g]kill him, by which Jonathan knew that it was determined by his father to kill David. 1 Samuel 19 New King James Version (NKJV) Saul Persecutes David 19 Now Saul spoke to Jonathan his son and to all his servants, that they should kill David; but Jonathan, Saul’s son, delighted greatly in David. 40 Then Jonathan gave his [h]weapons to his lad, and said to him, “Go, carry them to the city.”. 35 And so it was, in the morning, that Jonathan went out into the field at the time appointed with David, and a little lad was with him. 1 Samuel 18-20 New King James Version << 1 Samuel 17 | 1 Samuel 18-20 | 1 Samuel 21 >> Jonathan's Covenant with David. And when the New Moon had come, the king sat down to eat the feast. 22:11, 16, Deut. 20 Then I will shoot three arrows to the side, as though I shot at a target; 21 and there I will send a lad, saying, ‘Go, find the arrows.’ If I expressly say to the lad, ‘Look, the arrows are on this side of you; get them and come’—then, # 1 Sam. Heard by God 1 Samuel 1:23 confirm 1 Samuel 1:23 So with MT daughter of Belial 1 Samuel 1:20 Lit. It looks like you’re already subscribed to Bible Gateway Plus! Advance your knowledge of Scripture with this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries and Study Bible notes. One verse per line Red Letter Cross References Footnotes Strongs Numbers Hide Verse Numbers Close. 14 And you shall not only show me the kindness of the Lord while I still live, that I may not die; 15 but you shall not [b]cut off your kindness from my [c]house forever, no, not when the Lord has cut off every one of the enemies of David from the face of the earth.” 16 So Jonathan made a covenant with the [d]house of David, saying, “Let the Lord require it at the hand of David’s enemies.”, 17 Now Jonathan again caused David to vow, because he loved him; for he loved him as he loved his own soul. And the word of the Lord was rare in those days; there was no widespread revelation. 2 Samuel 15:9 And the king said to him, "Go in peace." 25:22; 31:2; 2 Sam. is a son of death 1 Samuel 20:33 strike him down And Ahimelech was afraid when he met David, and said to him, "Why are you alone, and no one is with you?" 1 Samuel 1 Now there was a certain man of Ramathaim Zophim, of the mountains of Ephraim, and his name was Elkanah the son of Jeroham, the son of Elihu, the son of Tohu, the son of Zuph, an Ephraimite. 1 Samuel 20:15 but you shall not cut off your kindness from my house forever, no, not when the Lord has cut off every one of the enemies of David from the face of the earth." 17:37; 18:12; 1 Chr. Ask a Question Got a Bible related Question? Now there was a man in Maon whose business was in Carmel, and the man … t And when they saw the group of prophets prophesying, and Samuel standing as leader over them, the Spirit of God came upon the messengers of Saul, and they also u prophesied. 20:16; (Eccl. Paragraph. heykal 1 Samuel 1:10 Lit. 1 Samuel 20 New King James Version << 1 Samuel 19 | 1 Samuel 20 | 1 Samuel 21 >> The Friendship of David and Jonathan. An integrated digital Bible study library - including complete notes from the Believer's Bible Commentary and the Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible (NIV and NRSV) - is just a step away! NKJV, The Story: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People, NKJV, Vines Expository Bible, Comfort Print: A Guided Journey Through the Scriptures with Pastor Jerry Vines. 1 Samuel 20:33 Then Saul cast a spear at him to kill him, by which Jonathan knew that it was determined by his father to kill David. 37 When the lad had come to the place where the arrow was which Jonathan had shot, Jonathan cried out after the lad and said, “Is not the arrow beyond you?” 38 And Jonathan cried out after the lad, “Make haste, hurry, do not delay!” So Jonathan’s lad gathered up the arrows and came back to his master. 6 If your father misses me at all, then say, ‘David earnestly asked permission of me that he might run over (D)to Bethlehem, his city, for there is a yearly sacrifice there for all the family.’ 7 (E)If he says thus: ‘It is well,’ your servant will be safe. Scripture Formatting. sons of Belial 1 Samuel 2:17 despised 1 Samuel 2:20 gift 1 Samuel 2:21 attended to 1 Samuel 2:22 So with MT, Tg., Vg. 4:7; 21:8, Gen. 31:36; 1 Sam. 2 So Jonathan told David, saying, “My father Saul seeks to kill you. What is my iniquity, and what is my sin before your father, that he seeks my life?" 31 For as long as the son of Jesse lives on the earth, you shall not be established, nor your kingdom. 1 Samuel 25:1 So with MT, Syr., Tg., Vg. You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. 1 Samuel 1:1–20 The Family of Elkanah. 20 Then I will shoot three arrows to the side, as though I shot at a target; 21 and there I will send a lad, saying, ‘Go, find the arrows.’ If I expressly say to the lad, ‘Look, the arrows are on this side of you; get them and come’—then, as the Lord lives, there is safety for you and no harm. NKJV / 1 Samuel / 1 Samuel 20; Previous Book Previous Chapter Read the Full Chapter Next Chapter Next Book. But if it pleases my father to do you evil, then I will report it to you and send you away, that you may go in safety. Handed down. 1 Samuel 16 New King James Version (NKJV) David Anointed King. Used by permission. Bible > NKJV > 1 Samuel 25 1 Samuel 25 New King James Version: Par Death of Samuel. 19 And when you have stayed three days, go down quickly and come to # 1 Sam. Verse. 27:1–6; 1 Chr. Used by permission. NKJV, Open Bible, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Complete Reference System, NKJV, Vines Expository Bible, Comfort Print: A Guided Journey Through the Scriptures with Pastor Jerry Vines, NKJV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture. Try Bible Gateway Plus free for 30 days. 1 Kings 20:30 But the rest fled to Aphek, into the city; then a wall fell on twenty-seven thousand of the men who were left. You shall not die! 1 Samuel 20:24 Then David hid in the field. what [is] mine iniquity? My mouth is enlarged 1 Samuel 2:10 Strength 1 Samuel 2:11 served 1 Samuel 2:12 Lit. And he had two wives: the name of one was Hannah 1 Samuel 20 New King James Version (NKJV) Jonathan’s Loyalty to David 20 Then David fled from Naioth in Ramah, and went and said to Jonathan, “What have I done?What is my iniquity, and what is my sin before your father, that he seeks my life?” 2 So Jonathan said to him, “By no means!So Jonathan said to him, “By no means! So Jonathan said to him, "By no means! When I have [a]sounded out my father sometime tomorrow, or the third day, and indeed there is good toward David, and I do not send to you and tell you, 13 may the Lord do so and much more to Jonathan. And this shall be a sign to you, that God has anointed you to be a prince. 6:4; 7:7 David and his men passed in review at the rear with Achish. And they kissed one another; and they wept together, but David more so. Bible > NKJV > 1 Samuel 12 1 Samuel 12 New King James Version: Par Samuel’s Address at Saul’s Coronation. 6 If your father misses me at all, then say, ‘David earnestly asked permission of me that he might run over to Bethlehem, his city, for there is a yearly sacrifice there for all the family.’ 7 If he says thus: ‘It is well,’ your servant will be safe. Bible Reader with fully formatted text and multiple versions and languages available. 4:7; 21:8 for he loved him as he loved his own soul. But let me go, that I may (C)hide in the field until the third day at evening. 22 But if I say thus to the young man, ‘Look, the arrows are beyond you’—go your way, for the Lord has sent you away. But if it pleases my father to do you evil, then I will report it to you and send you away, that you may go in safety. It is not so!”, 3 Then David took an oath again, and said, “Your father certainly knows that I have found favor in your eyes, and he has said, ‘Do not let Jonathan know this, lest he be grieved.’ But truly, as the Lord lives and as your soul lives, there is but a step between me and death.”, 4 So Jonathan said to David, “Whatever you yourself desire, I will do it for you.”, 5 And David said to Jonathan, “Indeed tomorrow is the New Moon, and I should not fail to sit with the king to eat. Now therefore, heed the voice of the words of the Lord. And [e]Jonathan arose, and Abner sat by Saul’s side, but David’s place was empty. 1 Samuel 20:1 And David H1732 fled H1272 from Naioth H5121 in Ramah, H7414 and came H935 and said H559 before H6440 Jonathan, H3083 What have I done H6213? Handed down. 1 Samuel 25 Then Samuel died; and the Israelites gathered together and lamented for him, and buried him at his home in Ramah. and what is my sin before thy father, that he seeketh my life? Holy Bible Audio 2,306 views 1 Samuel 1:1 Eliel, 1 Chr. And Ahimelech was afraid when he met David, and said to him, "Why are you alone, and no one is with you?" Sheba Revolts Against David. ; LXX Maon 1 Samuel 25:8 be gracious to the young men 1 Samuel 25:11 Lit. Try it for 30 days FREE. 20 Then David fled from Naioth in Ramah, and went and said to Jonathan, “What have I done? NKJV, Ancient-Modern Bible, Comfort Print: One faith. 36 Then he said to his lad, “Now run, find the arrows which I shoot.” As the lad ran, he shot an arrow beyond him. 18 Then Jonathan said to David, “Tomorrow is the New Moon; and you will be missed, because your seat will be empty. 20 Then David fled from Naioth in Ramah, and went and said to Jonathan, “What have I done? And the word of the Lord was rare in those days; there was no widespread revelation. New King James Version (NKJV), Josh. ; LXX people Israel; and you shall rule the people of the Lord; LXX, Vg. What has he done?” 33 Then Saul (W)cast a spear at him to [g]kill him, (X)by which Jonathan knew that it was determined by his father to kill David. You shall not die! ; DSS, LXX Now there was a man in Maon whose business was in Carmel, and the Learn more. wept greatly 1 Samuel 1:16 Lit. Navigate by book, topic, passage, search and more. 4:6 Jehoshaphat the son of Ahilud was recorder; 25 Sheva was scribe; # 2 Sam. DailyVerses.net › Bibel Bücher › 1 Samuel 1 Samuel 20 - LUT & NKJV Klicken Sie auf bibleserver.com , um das ganze Kapitel in verschiedenen Übersetzungen lesen zu können. Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial. 1 Samuel 28 New King James Version Update Saul Consults a Medium 28 Now it happened in those days that the Philistines gathered their armies together for war, to fight with Israel. 1 Samuel 20 - Then David fled from Naioth in Ramah, and went and said to Jonathan, "What have I done? 20 Then David fled from Naioth in Ramah, and went and said to Jonathan, “What have I done? Fill your horn with oil, and go; I am sending you to Jesse the Bethlehemite. 4:1; 1 Kin. Try it free for 30 days. And David arose and went down to the Wilderness of Paran. And why should my father hide this thing from me? 1Sa 1:20 - So it came to pass in the process of time that Hannah conceived and bore a son, and called his name Samuel, saying, “Because I have asked for him from the L ORD.” Tools 1Sa 1:21