I have lashed the knife to use as a spear point purely for experimental purposes. Besides the built in sharpener (it’s good, I’ve sharpened kitchen knives successfully with it) the sheath has attachments designed for molle straps and an alice pack. Mar 9, 2013. As an aside, I carried this knife with me when my good friend took his Bar Exam. It’s always in the roster. Gerber 22-01627 LMF II ASEK Knife System, 2 Leg Straps, Strap Cutter & Sheath 3.1 out of 5 stars 11. You’ll notice in my photographs that the snap closures intended to hold the handle to the sheath are simply neglected by me. Definitely a knife of varied utility. According to a 2-star review on Amazon, while the Gerber LMF II Survival Knife features a sturdy blade and a nice-looking sheath, the same cannot be said of the handle. This product has been ordered. The Gerber LMF II Survival Knife is a good value for someone looking for a compact yet effective survival knife. This is a review based on more than six or seven years experience with the LMF II. … I’ve had my LMF II for 12 years now. CDN$213.52. All it’s going to take is for you to get a feel for how it sits in your hand, and you’ll be hooked. Gerber have managed to include so many different features into a single … The LMF II follows in those footsteps. The Gerber LMF II black infantry knife is a beast of a survival knife and is made in the ole U S of A! BAD- the kraton handle has a plastic spacer around the tang that broke while filming the review when we were … The handle and base of the knife are made to be used as a hammer. Gerber Strong Arm is available in a fine-edge version and a serrated-edge version. Register; Login; Wish List (0) Shopping Cart; Checkout; 0 item(s) - £0.00. This set includes the knife (stamped with Portland, Oregon USA), the MOLLE compatible sheath w/ built in sharpener, two leg straps, the safety knife, and the MOLLE compatible safety knife sheath. Gerber EAB Pocket (22-41830) Knife . Its sleek aesthetic makes it fun to use and show off, and its handle design is great for high impact usage. You can read more about our honesty pledge for additional insight on this matter. Or egress through the Plexiglas of a chopper. 15. The handle of the LMF II makes that a practical impossibility. Category Gerber, Tactical. Obviously there are a lot of good knives, but some people expect too much and are way too critical. It is a heavy knife and I’ve had dubious results with it, but that’s no reason to say it wouldn’t work in the right application. You can read that crap anywhere. Noah has a special ability to discover stellar new products (read: spends hours online shopping), especially if they help people create, watch, listen to music, and improve quality of life. – 2017 When you are on your adventure and need a tool for all your camping and hiking needs, a s urvival knife is of utmost importance. The heavy weight of the blade and the perfect handgrip makes the blade perfect for wood chopping. #2: The tip of the Gerber LMF II blade is extremely strong. Our mission is to empower you to find the product you’re looking for and get exactly the information you need to make the right buying decision. Score. Pros: Overall design, sheath Cons: 420HC steel, poor handle construction for HARD USE. On paper a plain straight edge is ideal, but the LMF II’s serration has been incredibly useful. Situational, sure, but that’s incredibly useful in the right circumstances. No Mar 9, 2013 #1. Gerber LMF II survival knife REVIEW from http://www.UltimateSurvivalTips.com - Is the Gerber LMF II the best knife for survival for the money. The Gerber LMF II is a great idea that falls short. Gerber designed the StrongArm fixed blade around the fundamentals of military survival training. Useless to me, but some want it. The sheath includes a built-in blade sharpener. I saw an early YouTube reviewer who admitted he cut his hand on the knife while removing it from the sheath the first time, so I’ve been careful from day one. Gerber LMF II Review Wrap Up The LMF II is the best bet if you’re looking for something more compact and with a more modern build than more traditional knives, like the Ka Bar. The one we’re talking about today is the Gerber LMF II, a fixed-blade knife built to last through a trip to Hell and back again. Its compact, well thought out design has it ranked on our list of best survival knives. They both seem to offer great value, but Gerber Strong Arm is a little bit more expensive than Gerber LMF 2. Blade Length: 5″ | Total Lengh: 11″ | Weight: 11.7oz. Prices accurate at time of writing . Its sleek aesthetic makes it fun to use and show off, and its handle design is great for high impact usage. Discussion in 'Knife Reviews & Testing' started by Cbaniak97, Mar 9, 2013. Gerber LMF 2 Review – Best Survival Knife for the Money? Need to cut open a can of food? The knife is available at several retailers. GOOD- the sheath is really well designed with multiple carry options, the blade itself is very strong and held an edge the same as my Becker Knives with 1095HC, the handle is very comfortable in your hand for extended use. I don’t plan on cutting ship’s dock lines. Your email address will not be published. Showing our 2 Gerber LMF II Survival Fixed reviews with an average rating of Excellent. The Gerber LMF II is definitely more than just a knife, it is an all-round tool. It’s sharp and cuts through man made material like it’s nobody’s business. I used to have an LMF ii a few years ago and it never got used, I remember it was comfortable in hand, but that is as much as I recall. There’s also an LMF II Infantry version, which is slightly more money.Gerber LMF II Review Wrap Up. Our reviews and buyers guides are always either based on reviews we’ve done ourselves, or aggregated from trusted sources. Among their survival collection, Ka Bar Becker BK2 and Gerber LMF II will be two of the most popular models to consider. The LMF II is the best bet if you’re looking for something more compact and with a more modern build than more traditional knives, like the Ka Bar. The Gerber LMF 2 consistently ranks among the top five survival knives out there. I was able to gut and skin three deer without sharpening it, plus the blade has a teflon coating that makes cleaning a breeze. When I made it to the store and actually handled the LMF II I was instantly sold, and immediately regretted waiting so long to purchase it. While the sales representative was polite, they were … Prices accurate at time of writing. Perfect for MOLLE-vests and bags, but also for your belt. I can’t say there is any one specific task this knife excels at. It can also be used as a hammer, or it can be lashed to a stick and used as a spear. Add to cart. It perfo… Gerber is one of those names that you can just trust, almost everything in their product line is well made, well designed, and works when you need it too. I like to think things through and make sure I’m actually ready before I dump any amount of cash on a single purchase. Built from ultra-durable 420HC stainless steel, this knife is the perfect accessory for anyone needing a reliable all-purpose weapon and tactical workhorse. The blade is strong enough (and designed for) cutting through power cords and similar constructs. Still by far my favorite knife I own. I’ve put the sheath through about as much hell as the knife itself and it has survived perfectly intact. There’s a reason for that. It’s easy to take along for camping and all kinds of outdoor purposes. LMF II Infantry - Black . Now hold on, don’t turn back yet! Bam, power, Gerber LMF II. When I was slumming it, I used this knife as a hammer for two years (the damage you see near this hammering cap is from banging nails into walls). May 15, 2016 #4. Instant download! In one camping session that knife has gone from chopping wood to sharpening pencils to opening cans of food to hammering in tent stakes to an unforgiving ground. Field tested with American troops, this 10 inch survival knife was engineered in partnership with our country's bravest. Removing the knife requires a firm grip and some effort. Gerber LMF II Infantry, Survival and ASEK knives is a group of several, very similar knives, suitable for fishing and many other outdoor activities like camping, hunting and similar. Best value. The materials, shape and construction of this knife exist with to give the user the right balance of performance and affordability. I’m not an intentionally careless person with my gear, but I’ve tried abusing this knife repeatedly and have found minimal cosmetic damage over more than five years of regular use. The sheath holds the knife securely in place and locks it solidly into a stable position. 1.1 Rating; 2 Features 3 Features; 4 Blade; 5 Handle; 6 Sheath; 7 Verdict; 8 Reviews; Gerber LMF $65. SALTY Gold Member Gold Member. Even with a built-in sharpener the blade hasn’t required much care over the years. Have a piece of firewood too large for the firepit? The LMF II Survival Knife was originally designed to free aircraft personnel from aircraft. Gerber LMF II Review I’m picky about everything, from the chilies on my meal to the feel of the cuff of my sleeve, but nothing irks my sensibilities and tastes more than a … Score. The knife has a quirky bonus purpose; it features holes in the handle and the butt of the knife to be used as lashing points for a spear. Gerber® LMF II Infantry Fixed Blade Knife - This knife is as adaptable as the personnel who carry it. YOU SAVE € 33.00. CDN$80.45. This MOLLE compatible knife is rugged and versatile, with a partially serrated blade that can also serve as pommel or a spear. Gerber LMF II Infantry Knife, Coyote Brown [22-01463] Gerber Gear . Our customers give us a 5-star rating. Gerber LMF II ASEK (22-01627) Knife System, 2 Leg Straps, Strap Cutter and Sheath . The design of the LMF II is well thought out for intense and extended use. Even with a hatchet nearby, I’d rather use the LMF II for chopping through wood. It’s intentionally not full tang, though, to reduce the impact from hammering. Excellent all round knife. Ka Bar Full Size US Marine Corps Fighting Knife Review, OPINEL No. Yes. Sometimes it’s too firm of a grip. The Gerber LMF II Survival Knife seemed to actually fit the tag on the first site. It has so many functions that could save your life it simply boggles the mind!