HD800 has been upgraded to HD800s which are enhanced and further optimized headphones. Long … 11 April 2016. This is because HD800s provides enhanced cohesiveness and gives you better sound quality. And thats why gaming headsets are tuned that way. I'd imagine the HD800 would be good as well. Comparison courtesy of the Graph Comparison Tool. I really enjoy my HD800S for gaming. For audiophiles, the amp is a must-have to realize its value. These pairs of reference headphones centralize on delivering flat and accurate sound which is considered to be accurate sound production. at first audition this headphone may not seem to live up to its own hype, and indeed its price tag - it doesnt shout out about its technical abilities in listening, it doesnt seem to strike you as being fantastic in one particular area. UPDATE: November 15th, 2018. Sennheiser’s latest high-end headphones are a treat, and a clear step up from the standard version. I use the HD800 for gaming. Finally, the highs of HD800 and HD800s. This is no audiophile review, it is an unconventional gaming review with standard gaming equipement. These headphones promise to provide a natural and realistic sound field with minimal resonance. Without further ado, we will now jump into the comparison between these two Sennheiser headphones and get our way through by helping you choose either one of them as per your requirements. The highs of the HD800 are not satisfactory and Sennheiser claims to fix the problems with treble it had earlier. Going forward, the existing Sennheiser Communications portfolio for Enterprises and Gaming will be manufactured, sold and serviced as co-branded EPOS | SENNHEISER products by EPOS, under the … Under $850. Sennheiser’s HD range of headphones is full of superstars, from the classic HD 650 to the new budget HD 518.But all the open-back models look a little bit too similar for our liking. Which headphone is more suitable for gaming HyperX Cloud Alpha or Cloud 2, Comparison between AKG two gaming headphone K712 and K7XX, Welcome to SoundboxLAB - Home of tech journalist, who always interact with sound technician and engineers and try to gather all information of latest sound system tech advancement, also interact with audiophile and real user as well as do research to make all information available to our audience. Q: Can I use my mobile device for using the headphones? Read more, Sennheiser HD 800 Reference Dynamic Headphone, Sennheiser HD 800 S Reference Headphone System, beyerdynamic A20 Headphone Amplifier - Silver, Schiit Jotunheim Balanced Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Preamp with AK4490 DAC Module, Woo Audio WA6 2nd gen Vacuum Tube Class-A Headphones Amplifier (Black), Sony X900E vs Samsung MU9000 TV | Review and Analyze Comparison. Sound elements like footsteps, are what really need to stand out in game like CS, Pubg, fortnite, etc. I can't imagine a headphone being more immersive. Answer: You can use these headphones to listen to music but they won’t work well. Some may find the upper frequencies to be a little much, but, like with the Grado 325is, I perceive this as accuracy rather than anything to … The adjustment range is really wide. Multiplayer games where one missed audio cue means you're done, the 800s and others like AKG 7 series are literal wallhacks. Which sound system is more convenient for gaming headphone Stereo or Surround Sound. Answer: The headphones have about 10 clicks that can cover 2” of adjustment on each side. Whats is Sennheiser’s HD800s cable length? 72. The highs of HD800s are rounder and easier for listening. Yes they are good for gaming. However, the HD 660 S are way less expensive and may offer better overall value for their performance. High end headphones are really good, but they are really overpriced compared to the cheaper options. Search and destroy – only in hardcore mode. No extra bass or surround sound is added to them so you can experience the raw music. I would recommend the hd700 not as good as the hd800 but probably the most comfortable headphone I have ever worn and they are easier to power. Sennheiser HD800s is one of the popular headphones for being the flattest while music reproduction. Answer: DAC and amp selection depend on your choices and requirements. But please don't buy them for gaming. Of course, they have to be to house the 56mm ring-radiator transducers and to mount them so they're firing "back" to your ears from the front. The outer finish of these two speakers is also different. These headphones are just not for deeper bass. Out the door with the other 7-8 pairs I've had in the last 9 months... Don't know what to get and I'm pretty stuck. What does it mean to amp a headphone? The HD800 is godly when gaming. Thank you, I was worried because some people said that sennheiser is bad for gaming because they are not surround. Launched in 2009, it set a new standard in the headphone industry with it’s ultra low distortion and exceptional soundstage. The mids are not very overwhelming. The Sennheiser HD800s are clearly a very good headphone that will please people who enjoy a monitor type sound. I really wouldn't upgrade from apple earbuds to HD800 without doing a significant amount of research beforehand (which includes trying them on and listening to them for a while). These studio headphones are great for professional use. I'm sure cheaper headphones like the dt990 and ad700-900 would do the same thing but having it on an end game cans is a major bonus for me. 99. Need a high-quality source to sound better. The bass profiles of neither of these headphones are heavy. You can buy Woo Audio WA6 which is a great amp by the way. For fans of classical and acoustic music, the HD800S will offer better control in … These headphones are really worthy of gaming and video watching since they have 3D technology built-in them. Desktop amp/dac for Sennheiser HD800S ? I love them for everything though. Find a suitable sound blaster, for your gaming headphone from G5, G6 or X7. Sennheiser HD800 pioneered New reference class Headphones that are wired in 2009. The first 30 seconds they're on your head, it's immediately apparent how consistent the image is (especially compared to something like an LCD, also owned one of those), and how coherent the entire frequency spectrum is. The Sennheiser HD 800 S are better critical listening headphones than the Sennheiser HD 660 S. They are more comfortable, noticeably better-built, and their sound quality is also superior. The problem is now it may be TOO harsh and shrill! Besides that, the finish of the HD800s is Silver whereas the finish of. Q: What is the best amp to use with HD800? For PC on the PC, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "Are sennheiser HD800s good for gaming? Also, there are many factors that lead to listener fatigue, bass wouldn't be the top of the list for me, treble would. 2.0 out of 5 stars 1. I would say if you want the advanced quality of sound you should. $139.99 $ 139. Tube amps are mostly suggested by professionals to use in HD800s which will give you just enough power you need and bring out the purpose of the headphones. There is a major difference in the cost of these headphones. I won't use them solely for gaming nor I will buy them without listening to them. Sennheiser has been building high quality headphones since 1945 when Dr. Fritz Sennheiser founded the company. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, Sony UDA-1->Burson Supreme Sound Lycan->HD800, Focal Utopia/HD800S/Chord Dave/LD MKVI+ (modded)/DX7s, USBridge Sig/DigiOne Sig [Roon] > Hugo2 > Utopia, Mojo/Andromeda/HD-Dac1/HD800-ENDGAME ACHIEVED, Utopia-HD600-PM3-A12t-KXXS-XM3-dac1541-Taurus MK2-Airpods Pro. HD800 and HD800s are very comfortable and leave an ample amount of space around your ears. HD600 or HD650 are 99% as good as HD800 for gaming. Also due to high impedance, it won’t sound any good with your phone. The headphones are 300ohm headphones and they require a dedicated amp to function as you want them to. the HD800s is high-class matte black. But the minor differences we are talking about have a lot of impact in terms of sound quality and portability as well. Q: How much stage height adjustment can be done on each side of the headphones? By What Hi-Fi? As are DT770s. But the lower mids are slightly reduced in HD800 than in HD800s. The SDR mod will help a lot in making them easier on the ears. The package includes the headphones itself, a connection cable with ¼ inch stereo jack plug, a USB flash drive, a storage box, and an instruction manual. Mcr240. The Sennheiser HD 800 is a purists headphone. Because of its open back feature, these excel in the field of listening for a longer period. While Sennheiser HD800 is lightweight and an excellent choice for the audiophiles.