Sue Hausmann and Lena Kantis show how to create a fun quilter's postcard with the scraps from your latest quilt. If you follow this tutorial to create a fabric postcard, I do hope you will let me know. It's another way to use up scraps of fabric, lace and buttons. Mar 10, 2019 - Learn how to create stitched postcards and discover easy ways to add texture and dimension to small collages in this quick project tutorial. I used straight stitch, zigzag and a decorative star style stitch. The Stitched Postcard Hi Everyone Another very lazy day has happened - its almost as if I've no control over my destiny !!! Both have some great information. So during the December's swap on Facebook I made sure to take a lot of pictures and I hope you will soon make your own and sending them to family and friends. hadn't a clue where to start - but now, I'm inspired. I finished the postcard in time to even have it waiting for her at her new apartment in Tennessee. Get a cuppa coffee or tea...this is a long one! I've taken ages looking for things and trying out ideas on my stitched postcard. Place the artwork image side down on a table then place the heavy card on top of it making sure it's positioned in the center. Whether you choose to send this to a lucky recipient or hang it as art on your wall, this project is sure to please. Consider this postcard a teaser trailer for the actual quilt. Stitched postcards are postcard-sized pieces of art, also known as artist mailing cards (AMCs), that are a new and growing trend in the world of mixed media art. Find amazing Stitched postcards for every occasion with Zazzle. Sep 22, 2018 - Explore Eddi Miglavs's board "Stitching: Fabric Postcards", followed by 1143 people on Pinterest. I have been making boxes for many years and I was thinking of a way I could store the many fabric postcards I have received when they are not on display. Have you made your own postcards yet? They were designed so that people can paint their own designs onto them. Yes, in a cubicle. Difficulty: Easy. To create a postcard sized piece with 2 colours of thread and 2 favourite stitches. Colorways By Vicki Welsh. I recently found some photos of other fabric cards I made and have added these to this how-to. ! The edges at the back of the box lid don't get stitched. I wrote a post about my plans and process back in week 2, but now that I have 60+ days of experience making these fun little pieces and have honed in on what works best for me, I’m back with a tutorial. Cut out a piece of heavy card stock with a craft knife or utility knife to mount it on (I use the backing from used sketch pads.) Stitched post card. This also helps hold your stitching in place after the piece has been trimmed. Trace round your template onto the back of your fabric. Today I have posted my "Stitched Postcard" which is part of the 5th Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap! Put craft glue around each edge and place it over the back of the mounted art. Inspired by birthdays, valentine's day, and vintage & retro. [Christa Rolf;] -- "Postcard-sized works of art, also known as Artist Mailing Cards, one of the latest ideas to emerge from the world of mixed media art"--Page 4 of cover. These are a bit more elaborate than my original simple heart cards, but use the same basic technique. Hah! Fabric postcards are quick, fun and full of suprise. All orders are custom made and most ship worldwide within 24 hours. Whether you choose to send this to a lucky recipient or hang it as art on your wall, this project is sure to please. Quilted Postcard Tutorial QUILTED POSTCARD. Neaten up the corners and tape them down flat with normal tape. Get out your scraps, specialty fabrics and embellishments and challenge yourself to explore new techniques in creating 4" x 6" works of art. Get the how-to. We live in New England, and summer has to be really, truly savored. Get this from a library! The heavy card should be about an inch (3 cm) smaller than the image area of your fabric art. Personalized post that's also art So I will let you in on how I make my quilted postcards, step by step, from start to finish, ... You will see your stitched outline and want the fusible to be centered over. Make a template in the shape of your choice (mine was a heart) out of the card. A quick & pretty paper & fabric project . Quilted postcards are so much fun to make. Get your hands on a customizable Stitched postcard from Zazzle. Post Card Stitch Cards Full Stop Stitching Playing Cards Sew Stitches Maps Get the how-to. I would love to see what you create! Submit your own today! Patchwork Posse has lots of tips and gorgeous examples of fabric postcards in this tutorial. What a superb book, so many ideas to run with, so little time to sew them all. It's a super way to express your creativity and, yes, they can be mailed! I am going to show you how to make an easy string pieced postcard. Jessi on the Go 21,848 views. How To posted by Nini. I cheated a bit as my embroidery skills stop at chain stitch and I was more than a little worried at how neat the finished item might be. By Vicki Welsh. Make sure you go all the way round and sew over where you started to secure. Mail Day and how to make a fabric Postcard!! Free tutorial with pictures on how to make a postcard in under 60 minutes by drawing, embroidering, and papercrafting with ribbon. Inspired by crafts and dutch. Sorry about the lack of how-to photos, hope you can follow anyway. Peruse our wide range of designs or create your own with our customisation tools. I like to stitch cards and postcards to make greetings that are a little bit different. I tend to be verbose, so I am breaking this tutorial down into several posts. This is a very easy way to mount a small, stitched piece of art and turn it into a postcard or mini wall hanging. Post Card. They worked well because although the sewing machine needle went through the card it only punched through and didn't tear them. High quality Stitch inspired Postcards by independent artists and designers from around the world. http://bit.ly/fabricpostcardsmsqc - Fabric Postcards: Easy Sewing Tutorial with Rob Appell of Man Sewing. This book contains an exclusive selection of some of the best designs, with contributions from a number of well-known textile designers, including the author, Christa Rolf, herself. Just a few simple supplies are needed to make these stitched postcards, such as embroidery thread and acrylic paint. Joan from Nini Makes shows how to create a one-of-a-kind stitched postcard. Personalized post that's also art . The watercolor postcards are so convenient—no cutting required, they’re ready to go. However, I surprised myself … (The ribbon will be sandwiched between the mounted art and the backing. The weather has not been great, so it's been nice to stay in and 'create'. ... over cardstock paper or actual playing cards. 2) I have blended information from two fabric postcard tutorials to make my own. See more ideas about fabric postcards, postcard, fabric. Now for the tutorial! Free tutorial with pictures on how to make a postcard in under 60 minutes by sewing with sewing machine, pencil, and card. Unique artwork for posting words of wisdom or decorating your wall, fridge or office. Fabric Postcards 4 x 6 Works of Art. I am using scraps that will eventually be in the quilt, so she can get an idea what to expect. A brilliant tutorial/introduction/taster for ideas and products - … Find a large selection of sizes and shapes for your postcard needs! The tutorial is for a fabric postcard. Tutorial: How to Make Quilted Fabric Postcards I’ve been making quilted fabric postcards for more than two months now as part of my 100 Day Project ! Cut out your fabric shape. 62 free craft tutorials on how to make stitched cards at home, including how to make a stitched card, how to make a cross-stitch card, and how to stitch an embroidered card. See more ideas about fabric postcards, mini quilts, fabric cards. Stitched postcards : beautiful textile designs in miniature using quilting and mixed media techniques. From shop FabriArts. Here is a tutorial! Place a piece of double sided tape along two opposite edges of the heavy card stock. Place a book on top to help it dry flat or put clothes pegs around the edges. 8:52. Now post it off and make the recipient smile :). See more ideas about Fabric postcards, Art quilts, Fabric art. this the perfect card for my Grandma! To begin, I scraped paint over the postcard with an old credit card, layering analogous colors. Plus they aren't expensive to mail or hard to find a place to put the new treasure. Modern Stitched Postcard, Yellow Orange and Turquoise Fabric Postcard, Frameable Fibre Art Postcard, 4x6"(10x15cm) Embroidered Textile Art FabriArts. Technorati Tags: sewing, tutorial, stitched, fabric, postcard Edge finishes can be traditional binding techniques, folded ribbon, stitched and turned fabric or my favorite, ... Love this what a great tutorial and idea nobody mails anything any more I … A quick & pretty paper & fabric project Add a ribbon by gluing the two ends down at the top. I mean, I am inside for many, many of my precious summer hours. Fabric Postcards & Greeting Cards | Use What You Have | Zazu's Stitch Art Tutorials - Duration: 15:01. Joan from Nini Makes shows how to create a one-of-a-kind stitched postcard. Apr 12, 2020 - Explore Sandra Martin's board "Stitched postcards", followed by 118 people on Pinterest. A word about the blank postcards: the ones I used were made out of thicker water-colour style card. Aug 21, 2020 - Explore Teri Stone's board "stitches: postcard possibilities", followed by 384 people on Pinterest. wow! Jun 20, 2015 - Explore Jayne Honnold's board "Fabric Postcard Ideas", followed by 1055 people on Pinterest. The windows don’t even open, people. You can use any stitch you like. Stitch an image or a message on to lightweight fabric. Fabric postcard tutorial for a patriotic fireworks theme. Fabric Postcard Box Tutorial Fabric Postcard Box. tutorial: stitched watercolor postcard. 5 out of 5 stars (206) 206 reviews. Art Or Wording Stitched On To Lightweight Fabric • Heavy Card Stock Or Mount Board • Normal Card Stock • A Craft Knife And Cutting Mat • A Length Of, • Craft Glue • Double Sided Tape (Not The Narrow Type In The Roll On Dispenser) • Regular Clear Tap. Our 1st book is out now • Find out more & order a copy ». This isn't a thorough A to Z instruction for making fabric postcards but it will show how I stitched out this particular design and might give you some tips for … I was playing with my new sewing machine and I made these. [tags]sewing, tutorial, stitched, fabric, postcard[/tags] Use your sewing machine to sew round the edge of your fabric shape and attach it to the postcard. So quick and pretty! Fabric Postcard Tutorial I have had quite a few requests recently to share a tutorial, showing you exactly how I make my fabric postcards. Simple Fabric Postcard Tutorial - Duration: 8:52. If you use white thread to match the card you can still write a message on the back. And, I love using the finishing tips shared on this tutorial at Quilted Delights to … Follow by sticking the remaining two edges in the same way. See more ideas about fabric art, textile art, art quilts. I work full time in an office. This one went off as a thank-you to our hosts during a recent trip to Holland. Edit: 09/04/19 I recommend thicker card only for this, as I think thinner card may tear. Starting in the middle of one edge, pull the artwork over the card so it sticks to the tape, then stick the rest of that edge and repeat on the opposite side. Finished. ), Cut a normal piece of card stock out slightly smaller than the mounted artwork.