The delicious pumpkin and carrots make an irresistible orange dairy-free pumpkin soup, while curry, turmeric, and chili flakes are perfect to jazz up that delicate sweet flavor. SO FLAVORFUL. Afterwards, return the pureed soup back to your pot. 93% of coconut milk… Place back on medium heat and add in almond milk and pumpkin creamer. It’s a great way to get a little extra health kick in. Swirl in cashew cream, if using. . If you are vegan, you can easily remove the honey or substitute it with some other plant-based sweetener without altering the taste too much. Let’s make Vegan Pumpkin Soup! Whole30 Pumpkin Soup. We’d love to hear your favorites! Pretty awesome, right? Thank you for sharing this kind review! Cut/scrape/cook pumpkin at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Simmer for at least 20 minutes or … I’m so happy that you enjoyed it, Stacie! October sneaks up on me. If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below. It has 50% of your daily vitamin E requirement. Notify me of replies to my comment via email. I like that you used almond milk since I can’t do regular dairy. This easy pumpkin soup recipe is fall flavor at its most classic. Stir in the pumpkin puree. I LOVE this easy soup recipe and recently switched to almond milk, so it’s perfect for us, thanks! Serve hot, and prepare to be transported to a cozy, fall wonderland! For more flavor, you could also add garlic/pepper, and other spices. Almost done! When we think of pumpkin recipes, baked goods like Almond Flour Pumpkin Muffins and Vegan Pumpkin Bread and desserts like Pumpkin Sheet Cake and Vegan Pumpkin Pie are often the first that come to mind (a certain celebrity beverage notwithstanding). Alternatively, you can transfer it to a blender in batches to puree (be careful to fill your blender no more than about halfway; hot liquids will splatter). I love to know what you are making! Add salt and pepper to taste. I will have to give it a try. It’s made with a touch of maple syrup, warm spices, and will remind you of harvests, holiday tables, and the beauty of seeing leaves turn crimson against a crisp, blue October sky. It definitely is Pumpkin season! Pumpkin Puree – I usually make my own puree from butternut squash, but you could also use canned pumpkin puree. Add 2 tablespoons additional almond butter for more flavor. Transfer soup to blender or food process and puree until smooth. Despite its dairy-free status, this soup is velvety and creamy. Serve this fragrant soup with a swirl of coconut milk and fresh coriander (cilantro) for a fantastic spiced vegan pumpkin soup. I’m so happy that you enjoyed the recipe! I swapped a bunch of ingredients to fit what I had on hand, make it non vegan, and add a bit more flavor. Combine ingredients in large kettle or slow cooker. Cover and hold lid down with a potholder; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend for 1 minute. I love my immersion blender because it makes it crazy simple to do … Hope you’re having a great weekend!! I added about 1/4 teaspoon additional salt. My vegan pumpkin soup recipe uses canned coconut milk to achieve the same creamy result. I used one of my favorite healthy soup hacks to give it richness and body, without the need for a speck of cream. Required fields are marked *. Stir in broth, pumpkin, maple syrup, and almond butter. I love that you have made a healthy version of this soup. A one-cup serving of the yummy veggie is also packed with fiber to help keep you feeling fuller longer, yet it only has 49 calories per cup! Thank you for sharing this kind review! Pumpkin is mild, healthy, and the fact that it can be purchased in convenient, ready-to-go cans means that it is one of the quickest ingredients you can use to create easy, nutritious meals. Heat the oil in a large pot (photo 1).Add the garlic and onion (photo 2) and cook over medium-high heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally (photo 3). We mix it into sugary treats way too often. Such a delicious creamy soup! Add the coconut milk and almond milk and let simmer on low for about 15 minutes. My husband devoured it. The unique ingredients work so well together…so quick and easy to make. Finally, almond milk is fabulous for your skin. Next carefully puree soup using an immersion blender, or in small batches in a blender. Using a potato smasher, lightly smash the mixture and stir again. This sounds really good to me. I'm the author and recipe developer here at wellplated.com and of The Well Plated Cookbook. Add water, broth, almond milk and pumpkin to pan. Pumpkin is also loaded with other good stuff, like potassium and antioxidants. Omit the maple syrup. It’s been one of my absolute favorite lunches as of late, and I suspect you’ll love it too. Such a beautiful soup – love that it’s so light & healthy too! Stir in garlic, cumin, coriander, and nutmeg and cook for 30 seconds, just until fragrant. Stir to heat through, then adjust consistency with additional broth as needed. Coconut milk … Bring it all to a simmer and cook until the cauliflower is softened. This pumpkin soup recipe is packed with some pretty great benefits for your health! Working in batches, puree the mixture in a blender until smooth, adding a bit of the coconut milk and almond milk to each batch until all has been added. Instead of the usual sweet fare, check out some of these other healthy pumpkin recipes! Stir in the almond milk. Thanks. That sounds absolutely delicious. ; Add the pumpkin (photo 4) and … Easy Vegetarian Dinner Recipe: Pumpkin Risotto: another easy vegetarian recipe, this makes a great side dish or a meal! Pumpkin soup is one of my favorite dishes when the weather starts to turn. Garnish with pumpkin seeds, chopped fresh parsley, and pomegranate seeds as desired. You can honestly try anything, but I recommend an unsweetened creamy nut milk if you want to try to make vegan pumpkin soup without coconut milk! I doubled the recipe. With a wooden spoon, scrape up any browned bits that have stuck to the bottom of the pot. Next, add in the broth, pumpkin, maple syrup, and almond butter. Simmer for 20-30 minutes. Let’s check out how to make it, then I’ll share some more benefits of this delicious pumpkin soup recipe as well as some other creative ways to use everyone’s favorite fall veggie. Required fields are marked *, Easy Healthy Pumpkin Soup Recipe Made with Almond Milk. And, whatever diet you do (or do not) follow, bookmark this easy, healthy pumpkin soup for your own enjoyment as well. A traditional pumpkin soup recipe uses milk or heavy cream as the base. Your email address will not be published. Bring the soup to a boil, boil for a minute, and reduce to a simmer. Pour into a pan with all remaining ingredients, stir thoroughly, and simmer until heated throughout. Hi, I'm Erin Clarke, and I'm fearlessly dedicated to making healthy food that's affordable, easy-to-make, and best of all DELISH. Keyword: vegan pumpkin soup Servings: 4 Calories: 162kcal Ingredients • 2 cups pumpkin puree or 15 oz can • 11/4 cup vegetable broth • 1 cup reduced fat coconut milk • 1 small yellow onion • 1 tbsp garlic minced • 1 tsp thyme • 1/2 tsp salt • 1/4 tsp pepper • 4 tbsp pumpkin … I love pumpkin everything. A Perfect Vegan Creamy Soup. Add cauliflower, onion, salt, and pepper and cook until the onion is softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. This recipe sounds just dreamy for the cooler fall nights we are having. It’s made with almond milk instead of dairy products. Paleo Pumpkin Soup: No recipe changes needed! It's made from an entire can of pumpkin puree, so there's no waste, along with soy milk , onions, and a touch of nutmeg—it's suitable for vegans and vegetarians. Add in your peeled roasted pumpkin, spices (cumin, paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper, coriander, nutmeg) and rosemary and stir well together. Your email address will not be published. What a perfect dish for a cool fall evening. Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials. You can use almond milk (or any milk you have on hand). WELCOME! My kids love pumpkin soup. Love that you used almond milk. Pumpkin, however, is absolutely fantastic in savory recipes too (just see this list of Healthy Pumpkin Recipes for proof). As written this soup is paleo, gluten free, and dairy free. If you wanted to freeze this soup, stop right here before adding the almond milk. That soup looks absolutely amazing. I’m so happy that you enjoyed it, Carol! Fill blender halfway with soup. There are so many ways to use this amazing vegetable in healthy ways aside from a pumpkin soup recipe. Combined with the almond milk, this particular recipe won’t break your calorie budget. These flavors alone were so good and then when you add the nutmeg and cinnamon? Thank you for sharing this kind review! ; Use heavy cream instead of coconut milk if you don't need a vegan soup. Thank you for a wonderful recipe that I will definitely make again, and again! Cut/scrape/cook pumpkin at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Your email address will not be published. For today’s recipe, I was craving pumpkin at its purest. Rice Milk (a little thinner but still works) Oat Milk. You’ll love today’s recipe! October has stolen my fancy (and appetite). Add in vegetable broth, almond milk, almond butter and coconut sugar and bring to a simmer. Tis the season for everything pumpkin, and I love all of these ingredients, I will definitely be giving this a try! You can either use coconut milk (which we're doing here) OR you can use cashew cream (like we did in this vegan white quinoa chili). You could also use oat or soy milk instead. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. *chicken stock in place of vegetable stock *whole milk plus 2 tbsp. Homemade Vegan Cream of Tomato Soup featuring the new reformulated Silk® Unsweetened Almondmilk. Ready for an unabashedly autumn, pumpkin-tastic soup to take you into October with aplomb? Tis the season for a thick and creamy pumpkin soup and this one sounds delicious. The pumpkin puree and coconut milk make for such a lovely creaminess while the red lentils add a protein punch. Tell us in the comments! This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. The Well Plated Cookbook is now available! Bring to a boil. Another great thing about using almond milk in this pumpkin soup recipe: it’s much lower in calories than its dairy counterpart. Noodles with Shrimps, Pumpkin & Butter Chicken, Pumpkin Mini Baked Donuts Recipe with Apple Sauce, Lunch Recipe: Bagel Salmon Sandwich with Tuna Salad, Healthy Recipe: Cottage Cheese Asian Summer Salad Recipe with Sweet Chili Dressing #bluedragonmom, 13 Delicious Ways to Use Spinach in Tonight’s Dinner. Increase heat to medium and cook for 40 minutes. Don’t forget to print out the recipe card for later! This one looks creamy and delicious! The spices work really well together and what sets this recipe apart from other pumpkin soups is the cauliflower, this is a brilliant addition. A great way to enjoy the true fall flavors as this Pumpkin Soup is made without coconut milk… Vegan, gluten-free, paleo and even Whole30 compliant. ; While this recipe calls for the convenience of canned pumpkin, you can substitute with about 1.75 cups of your own roasted pumpkin … How To Make The Vegan Pumpkin Soup Recipe. Stir well and adjust … Ready in less than 30 minutes. Pour into a pot. As someone with dairy and lactose issues, I appreciate the almond milk as well. The below ingredients are a quintessential, cozy way to add flavor to pumpkin soup. That also means that, aside from the honey, this recipe is perfect for vegans. I have never had pumpkin soup, but now I want some! Salt & pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, garlic powder, and a bit of curry powder. I have never made anything like this but it looks amazing. LOVED this soup. Let me tell you- the fresh sage in this recipe is downright amazing. I adore both sweets and veggies, and I am on a mission to save you time and dishes. Pumpkin Mini Baked Donuts Recipe with Apple Sauce: if you really want to use pumpkin in a sweet treat, these baked donuts are a great way to go. Cinnamon – my favorite is Ceylon cinnamon ; Almond Milk – I use unsweetened almond milk. In fact, … Now the trick to making vegan soups taste creamy is to use a full-fat non-dairy milk. Ready in just 15 minutes. I am HOOKED! (This is when the good smells start!). Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. coconut oil in place of coconut milk … Thank you for sharing this kind review! Read here how I do it. Another great thing about using almond milk in this pumpkin soup recipe: it’s much lower in calories than its dairy counterpart. Yes please! The amount of additional salt you need will vary based on the saltiness of your particular broth and almond butter. Serve hot. Superb flavor. Pumpkin Alternatives: If you would like to make this soup without pumpkin puree, feel free to use sweet potato puree, butternut squash puree, or even carrot puree in the same quantities. Vegan. Enjoyed it for Halloween dinner. And now I’m hungry! What a good idea to use the almond milk to make the soup. Want a rich and creamy pumpkin soup recipe that really fills you up but is also gentle on your lactose-intolerant tummy? If you do not need the pumpkin soup to be vegan, you can use any kind of milk for the almond milk. It’s also low in sodium and has no cholesterol or saturated fat, making it a better choice for your heart health. Before I’ve realized it’s happened, the initial “not yet!” bristling I felt towards pumpkin-spiced everything when it first appeared at the grocery store has yielded to a strong hankering for all things cozy and autumn and yes, pumpkin. extra-virgin olive oil, sweet potato, almond milk, orange zest and 1 more Chilled Goat's Milk Soup Vinosity nasturtium, milk, lemons, sugar, milk, pumpkin seeds, water, caraway and 1 more This healthy vegan pumpkin soup is rich, creamy, and has the perfect fall flavor. Scrape out pumpkins, put in a blender/food processor until pureed. Lastly, garnish your soup with pumpkin seeds, chopped fresh parsley, pomegranate seeds, or any other toppings you desire (I’ve listed tons of great options below). Since it’s dairy free, gluten free, and vegan, it’s perfect if you are hosting a gathering when you need to accommodate different dietary preferences (this Curry Lentil Soup is another great option). Gluten-Free. Reduce heat to a simmer and let cook until the cauliflower is softened, about 10 minutes. Today I’m revisiting (and rephotographing) an old recipe. To make pumpkin lentil soup, you’ll need a handful of kitchen tools like a knife, a cutting board, a small ramekin, a baking sheet, a large pot or dutch oven, … I even made this vegan pumpkin soup without coconut milk! One cup contains only 60 calories, compared to the 146 calories found in whole milk (and even compared to the 86 found in skim). This was easy to make. This Instant Pot Vegan Pumpkin Soup is a quick and easy weeknight meal, perfect for fall and winter. From there, I snuck canned pumpkin into Instant Pot Paleo Chili (OMG! Thank you for your support! So good!). Pour soup into serving bowls and top with parsley and seed. Turned out fabulous! Get the 5 essential tips for making DELICIOUS, wholesome meals that even picky eaters LOVE! Can you use canned pumpkin……if so how much? Possible Variations: Use chicken broth or chicken stock instead of vegetable broth if you don't need a vegan soup. Perfect for impressing dinner party guests for the fall! Return soup … If you are vegan, you can easily remove the honey or substitute it with some other plant-based sweetener without altering the taste too much. My secrets for making wholesome meals you'll WANT to eat. I did not add almond milk because the consistency was too watery, after following the directions exactly. Heat the oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. The soup looks delicious! Repeat with remaining soup and almond milk. Your email address will not be published. Heat on low in kettle for a couple hours, or until desired heat, or in slow cooker 4 hours or more. If you are feeling the fall love too, then this Vegan Pumpkin Soup is exactly the recipe for you. I hope to have an immersion blender next time, though, because it was really a pain in my Vitamix!! I love making foods using almond milk. This looks wonderful! A Simple Almond Butter Pumpkin Soup that is easy and quick! Makes it even better for those that are watching their diet to enjoy a soup like this. With an immersion blender, puree the soup until very smooth. Return the soup to the pot and heat over low heat to the desired temperature. Be sure to bookmark this Vegan Pumpkin Soup for your holiday table. How do you make pumpkin lentil soup? Pumpkin is mild on its own, making it a fantastic canvas. It makes my heart so happy to hear from you! After I tasted it, I added a … That’s a gorgeous soup recipe! Almond Milk (unsweetened) Soy Milk. Since they’re not fried, they aren’t as heavy as a traditional donut (or as loaded with fat!). Now, stir in your almond milk. You have to love everything pumpkin! Noodles with Shrimps, Pumpkin & Butter Chicken: Pumpkin with shrimp? If you do not need the pumpkin soup to be vegan, you can use any kind of milk for the almond milk. Add the dry ingredients all at once to the wet ingredients. Last year, I made my first foray into using canned pumpkin to make pumpkin soup with this warming Pumpkin Curry Soup, and it became one of my go-to fast fall and winter dinners. Stopping by from #FoodieFriDIY to do some sharing and to thank you for linking up! To puree the soup, use either an immersion blender or transfer small amounts to a blender (hot liquids splatter; only fill your blender about halfway). DIRECTIONS. 15-ounce can pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling), First, grab your Dutch oven (or a similar big, sturdy pot) and saute the cauliflower, onion, salt, and pepper. Once they’re softened, stir in the garlic and additional spices for about 30 seconds. I love Pumpkin soup when our weather change to super cold. Then take it off heat, pour in the coconut milk, puree it all up, and boom – you’ve got the easiest, most delicious vegan pumpkin soup. In a separate bowl, stir together the white whole wheat flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Flavor, silky texture, convenience, and health benefits, this easy recipe ticks all the boxes and makes a wonderful soup … Disclosure & Privacy Policy. I had to simmer it much longer and add 3T cornstarch to get it to thicken, then it was perfect. lol Seriously though, love the photos and the step by step! Added a dash of pumpkin spice, too. © 2010 - 2020 Well Plated by Erin. I’m so happy that you enjoyed it, Jenn! Your tastebuds won’t notice the missing cream, meanwhile your gut will welcome the benefits from the coconut milk! Almond Milk: I use an unsweetened version of my homemade almond milk, but you can also use other non-dairy milks such as this 5-minute cashew milk or coconut milk. I swirled in some coconut cream and topped it with pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds, and parsley. Did you know that pumpkin is high in vitamin A, a nutrient that helps maintain your healthy eyesight? Pumpkin Pie Spice – I used a store-bought spice mix, but you could also make your own. Affiliate links included below. Yep, and it’s actually pretty amazing! Add about 1/2 cup of almond milk. Follow @wellplated on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #wellplated. Now, even though this wonder veggie is so good for you, that doesn’t mean you can eat a whole pie and reap the benefits! Healthy Pumpkin Soup Recipe with Almond Milk. Making this easy vegan pumpkin soup recipe is so simple! Our link party at Grandma’s House just opened today, we would love to have you there! https://www.thecookierookie.com/vegan-pumpkin-pie-recipe-dairy-free Vegetarian pumpkin soup is warming and filling and perfect for the holidays or anytime, and it doesn't get much simpler than this quick and easy recipe. Return the pureed soup to the pot. Add the chopped apples and continue to simmer for an additional 10 minutes or until everything is … Canned pumpkin makes this recipe quick and easy! ... « Creamy Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin … Let sit to thicken a bit more for around 10 …