Visit at the beginning of the month and you're likely to encounter the waning days of summer, whereas you are more likely to experience the onset of winter if you arrive near the end of the month. Here’s a rundown of the essentials you’ll need to pack for a Krakow holiday Medieval Kraków is one of most beautiful – and affordable – cities in Europe, well worth several days exploration and a great gateway into exploring the rest of Poland. Daylight hours also rapidly decrease throughout the month of October, with two full more hours of darkness on October 31 compared to October 1. It’s one of the oldest festivals in Krakow. After the time change on the last Sunday in October, the sun sets a little after 4 p.m., so be sure to plan outdoor activities accordingly. In November, Krakow and the rest of Poland are preparing for winter to arrive, and the temperatures begin to drop significantly from the comfortable autumn days of October. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. There are new things to see and do … I prefer to blend in and not wear clothes that scream out that I am American. Even though the city looks fantastic all year round, April–May and September–October are deemed to be the best time to visit Krakow.Spring promises temperatures comfortable for promenades and a lot of celebrations like Easter Rekawka or Juwenalia Krakowskie. ; Add in a smarter outfit such as a smart dress or pants and shirt for more formal occasions. Hotel Grodek. Versatile jackets and sweaters are essential items on every trip to Poland in October, and don't forget at least one heavy coat just for those particularly cold days (and even colder nights). So packing will be a challenge! Your packing list for Krakow will depend on the time of year you go to Poland. Best time of year to visit . Krakow nightlife- never boring! On October 3, Poland was added to the UK’s list of countries requiring a 14-day quarantine. Thank you! Is there snow in Krakow at the moment we fly on the 11.01.20 and wanted to know what to wear and If to wear snow boots Jan 4th, 2020. sally sanctuary. long-sleeved tops and a sweater, will serve as a versatile base to your wardrobe. As an extra perk, expect fewer crowds and short lines at local must-see sites, such as St. Mary's Church or Wawel Castle. Situated in a quiet cul-de-sac, the hotel fuses together modern luxury and old world charm and also boasts a restaurant to keep guests full and happy. Can we wear short at day? Can anyone please suggest me what kind of warm clothes should I wear in Krakow … Kerry Kubilius is a freelance writer who specializes in Eastern European history, culture, current events, language, and travel. Get answers to your questions about Krakow, ************* READ THIS FIRST ******************, Do I have to validate the tickets in trams? Krakow in September – the weather. To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html. more. There’s evidence that the city has been around since 20,000 BC, and there’s a delightful local myth that the city was … Answer 1 of 4: I am going to be in Krakow for the month of October for work. With barely 1.7in over 6 days, rainfall is infrequent for your vacations. Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Throughout the month of October, Krakow sees about eight days of rain, on average. A good umbrella is a must, plus some warm pullovers and a medium-weight jacket are in order. Krakow is amazingly beautiful and everybody should definitely visit it at least once in a lifetime. Krakow’s cultural calendar gets fatter on a yearly basis but two mainstays worth travelling for are Unsound Festival (every October) and Photomonth (held every May). … The climate is quite cold here in october, but it is tolerable when dressing warm. Have a great trip to Krakow! The key, as always in cold weather, is to dress in layers you can add or remove to stay comfortable. Autumn is a lovely time of year to visit Krakow—the second largest and one of the oldest cities in Poland—with plenty of festivals, events, and activities to entertain tourists and residents alike. is there snow in krakow at the moment and do I need to bring snow boots ... went to Krakow 4-7th October weather was absolutely beautiful not what I was expecting so took … This is true … Although October can get chilly, it's still well before the bone-chilling cold of winter arrives, making it a great time to explore the city by foot, take in the local museums, and enjoy relaxing meals on a terrace in one of Krakow's many restaurants. Of course, it may not get that cold but it's not unheard of to have snow some time in the first couple of weeks of November. Since luggage space is typically an issue with international travel, you'll want to select items that can be mixed and matched for both style and comfort against the crisp coolness of fall. We are in our mid-thirties and love a good night out in cool, laid back bars, pubs and restaurants. Wearing layers are a good idea and you might want to bring some extra shoes in case of rain. Krakow Hotels In October. Select a destination to see more weather parameters. We don't usually get too much rain but some years we can, so you should come prepared. You can still travel to Kraków from the UK but will need to self-isolate for two weeks on return The situation with flights is very much subject to change and many airlines have are cancelling services into early 2021. If you will be in the royal city and wonder what to do in Krakow- now you know! Related: What are the most popular tours in Krakow? As a result, you should remember to pack clothing that can be layered to adjust to the changing weather. Poland weather in October 2021. Does the weather fluctuate like it does in the US during this time? Krakow in October, Poland : The expected weather for October in Krakow. Overcast days are common in Krakow, which can make for colder walks around the city. We are in our mid-thirties and love a good night out in cool, laid back bars, pubs and restaurants. Keep Your Feet Warm . Nighttime temperatures can reach freezing and snow is possible—especially at the end of the month—but it's very unlikely until later in the year. The "Ignorance is no excuse" thread. WHAT TO WEAR IN OCTOBER. Does the weather fluctuate like it does in the US during this time? Hotels near Krakow's Rynek Glowny Central Square, Hotels near Muzeum Krakowa, oddzial Fabryka Emalia Oskara Schindlera, Hotels near Kazmierz The Former Jewish District. The young Polish women are enviably tall and skinny and look like fashion models in their suits/heels. Poles set their clocks back by one hour on the last Sunday in October—along with most of Europe—so be sure to adjust your watch. Here in the UK, what to wear for a night … Krakow sunrise & sunset times for October 2021. First visit and first time in Poland. I have been checking www.krakow.pl there is a live webcam on it so you can see the actual town square and I noticed that the other day was rain and now its dry so maybe you can check it out and it will give you a better idea than the weather forecasts, which if anything like the uk are always wrong.lol I prefer to blend in and not wear clothes that scream out that I am American. You're most probably going to hit the transition from early to late fall, so October may start off with warm temperatures (20degC) and end with near freezing. Get the monthly weather forecast for Krakow, Lesser Poland, Poland, including daily high/low, historical averages, to help you plan ahead. As you plan what to wear in Poland, know that one of the great things about Krakow is how easy it is to get around –from the main square, you’re right in the heart of the city’s Old Town, which dates back to medieval times. Average high: 57 degrees Fahrenheit (14 degrees Celsius), Average low: 40 degrees Fahrenheit (4 degrees Celsius), The best place to be on a Sunday in October is the legendary Sunday outdoor flea market. Krakow might be Poland’s second largest city, but in terms of culture, it's very much the capital. The Poles are always well dressed to the point of being trendy--pretty much dressy casual; unless they are young, you would not see sweats, not much khakis, and jeans are paired smartly with nice jackets/blazers. Weather and Events in September in Krakow, Poland, Barcelona in October: Weather, What to Pack, and What to See, Everything You Should Know About Visiting Madrid in October, April in Krakow: Weather, What to Pack, and What to See, Prague in October: Weather and Event Guide, February in Krakow: Weather, What to Pack, and What to See, A Guide to October in Paris: Weather, Packing, and Events, October in Amsterdam: Weather and Event Guide, October in Europe: Weather, What to Pack, and What to See, October in London: Weather, What to Pack, and What to Do, Why October Is a Great Time to Visit Spain, October in Chicago: Weather and Event Guide, October in Krakow: Weather, What to Pack, and What to See.