Compared to cotton and ramie, jute is somewhat more resistant to the action of acid due to presence of lignin. Question 5: Which set of substances is not used for making fibres? China is the next largest producer. Very fine threads of jute are made into imitation silks. Nylon is a synthetic fibre. Copper number of jute varies roughly between 1.5 to 2. The majority of the jute used today is grown in the Ganges delta. Different types of machineries and chemicals are used to evaluate properties of jute. What are the important uses of jute? (a) Silk, chemicals (b) Yak hair, camel hair (c) Husk, bones (d) Flax, wool Solution: (c) Husk and bones are not used for making fibres. It also requires about 2 to 3 inches (5 to 8 cm) of rainfall per week. Answer: Jute is extensively used for making gunny bags, potato sacks, carpets, curtains, coarse clothes and ropes, etc. Question 47: Mention some uses of jute. Jute fibers have good insulating properties for both of thermal and of acoustic energies with moderate moisture regain and no skin irritations [34â39]. Uses of cotton Cotton has a wide variety of uses, especially in the textile industry. This is because the plant prefers climates that are both warm and humid, with temperature ranging from 68° to 104°F (20° to 40°C) and a relative humidity of 70-80%. Jute fabric is a type of textile fiber made from the jute plant. Jute can be used to create a number of fabrics such as Hessian cloth, sacking, scrim, carpet backing cloth (CBC), and canvas. So, now it will be easy to find out jute from others fiber. Like all natural fibres, Jute is biodegradable. Jute plants are cut at the time of flowering stage because a good quality of fibre is obtained at this stage. Bed sheets are usually made of â¦ Question 16. Now, it is also used for making, furnishing material, shopping bags and sail cloth. On complete maturation of plant, fibres of its stem become very hard. So in future we will get such types of jute which is better than present one. Cotton is spun into thread that is used in many clothing products such as underwear, socks and T-shirts. Sacking, a fabric made of heavy jute fibres, has its use in the name. It also requires about two to three inches (5 to 8 cm) of rainfall per week. Jute fibers are used for making mats, gunny cloth, cordage, hangings, paper, and decorative articles. The majority of the jute used today is grown in the Ganges delta. While there are a few different botanical varieties of jute, one of the main species used to make jute fabric is Corchorus olitorius (white jute). Around 80% of the world's wool goes into garments like sweaters, hats, and coats, leaving 20% to be used in some surprising and interesting ways. This is because the plant prefers climates that are both warm and humid, with temperature ranging from 68 to 104°F (20 to 40°C) and a relative humidity of 70-80%. The current annual worldwide production of jute fiber is about 3.2 million tons and used for various applications. The following are some of the most common uses of this product. Recently genome sequence of jute is invented by a Scientist. Hessian, lighter than sacking, is used for bags, wrappers, wall-coverings, upholstery, and home furnishings. Answer: Jute is used for making cloth to wrap bales of cotton, gunny bags, rope, string, jute carpets, fibres and twine. Wool, a fiber from the hairs of animals such as sheep, goats, and yaks, is a textile with an immense number of uses.One of the major uses of wool is in garment production, but this fiber can be used for many other things. "Jute" is the name of the plant or fiber that is used to make burlap, Hessian or gunny cloth. However, another species of jute, called Corchorus capsularis (tossa jute) is considered to be superior even though it is harder to cultivate. Cotton, flax and jute are the natural fibres obtained from plants. Jute is a vegetable fibre.It is very cheap to produce, and its production levels are similar to that of cotton.It is a bast fibre, like hemp, and flax.Coarse fabrics made of jute are called hessian, or burlap in America.